Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

behind the scenes-6

Anju Kishanchandani, Raju's sister and a journalist, was still in college when Raju left Nagpur. She would spend all her vacations with him in Mumbai and he would take her for bike rides around the city.
"Raju is a fun brother, very caring and protective," she says. When he learnt that a boy in her college was harassing her, he got the boy beaten up by the college bullies.
Anju would get bullied by her brother as well since she was the youngest and the only sister. "One Rakhi, Raju gifted me a huge box. I kept opening it and discovered smaller boxes inside. Finally, there was a two rupee coin, hammered in badly. I felt so bad that I started crying. Then he gave me my real gift," she recalls.
"Fame has not changed him," she adds. "But he has become busier now because he cannot say no to anybody."
"I never thought he would become a director. When I saw Munnabhai MBBS, I was in tears," Anju smiles.
When her brother appeared on television or be written about, Anju would call and tell him. After some time, when his media appearances increased, she stopped calling him. One day, Raju told his sister, 'I think I have become famous now. Your calls have stopped.'Image: Anju Kishanchandani, Raju's sister

No comments:

Post a Comment